What are Open Science Badges?
- Badges to acknowledge open science practices are incentives for researchers to share data, materials, or to preregister.
- Badges signal to the reader that the content has been made available and certify its accessibility in a persistent location.
Badges seem silly. Do they work?
- Yes. Implementing these badges dramatically increases the rate of data sharing (Kidwell et al, 2016).
- A recent systematic review identified this badging program as the only evidence-based incentive program that this effective at increasing the rates of data sharing (Rowhani-Farid et al., 2017).
- View a list of journals and organizations that have adopted badges here.
Alright, I'm on board. What are the next steps?
For questions, see this resources page and email us at email@example.com