The OSF provides free and open source project management support for researchers across the entire research lifecycle. As a collaboration tool, the OSF helps researchers work on projects privately with a limited number of collaborators and make parts of their projects public, or make all the project publicly accessible for broader dissemination. As a workflow system, the OSF enables connections to the many services researchers already use to streamline their process and increase efficiency. As a flexible repository, it can store and archive research data, protocols, and materials.
- Structured projects: Access files, data, code, and protocols in one centralized location and easily build custom organization for your project - No more trawling emails to find files or scrambling to recover from lost data
- Controlled access: Control which parts of a project are public or private, making it easy to collaborate and share with the community or just your team
- Enhanced workflow: Automate version control, get persistent identifiers for projects and materials, preregister your research, and connect your favorite third party services directly to the OSF
- Extensible Research. Automatically create a preprint, meeting abstract, or add to your institutional repository. Manage multi-institutional projects.
- Dependable Repository: The OSF's Preservation Fund ensures that any data stored in the repository would be maintained and protected for 50 years.